BACTRAC COVID-19 ASSURANCE
Bactrac Adventures is committed to providing their clients with both flexibility and security during COVID 19. To this end, we have amended our terms and conditions and these will remain in place until such time that the circumstances surrounding Lockdown and the associated COVID-19 pandemic, have been lifted - at which time Bactrac's standard terms and conditions will apply.
TO THIS END BACTRAC ADVENTURES IS PROVIDING:
Deferred travel and a continuance of 2020 rates for the 2021 Touring Calendar for both existing and new reservations up to and including 31 December 2021;
Should the future booking be for travel in a different season, or availability means that the tour cost has increased, or if the client has elected to travel on a different tour entirely - then the client will be liable for the difference in costs associated with the new trip;
Notification of intent to postpone or cancel should be sent to Bactrac in writing a minimum 21 days prior to the start of the tour;
Where notification is received between 14 days and date of arrival where (a) No change or cancellation for inbound or outbound air travel restrictions has been affected and / or (b) The client is not tested positive for Covid-19 or is in quarantine for those 14 days - then Bactrac Adventures reserves the right to recover any costs it incurred in preparation for the clients participation on the tour
THESE REVISED TERMS ONLY APPLY TO COVID-19 NAMED REASONS FOR CANCELLATION, WHICH INCLUDE:
- The government in the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel;
- The destinations the guest is travelling to are under official government sanctioned lock-down that prohibits guests from traveling;
- The destinations have no formal lock-down but have closed their border either to international travellers or to travellers from the guest’s country of residence;
- International flights are cancelled with no alternative routing available for guest to use to reach the destinations in the itinerary;
- The guest has contracted COVID-19 and is under treatment or is in quarantine for COVID-19 within 72 hours of travel.
- Any reason for cancellation not listed or may be construed as disinclination to travel, the Bactrac Standard Terms and Conditions will apply
If some but not all of the destinations within the tour description are impacted, clients will be offered (i) a re-route option which may affect the original tour description or if not acceptable to the client then (ii) the deposit will be held as a travel credit and rolled forward to a later tour or another tour.
THINKING ABOUT CANCELLING?
In order to accommodate this recognised Global Force Majeure event and the resulting varying worldwide travel restrictions, we have provided guests with the option to defer their travel and postpone up to a year after the original travel date and carry forward 100% of the booking’s value to the future booking. We believe this is preferable to outright cancellation
Electing to cancel a booking based on the current level of uncertainty is understandable but our advice to guests is not to do so. Our suppliers across Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique may elect to impose either normal terms and conditions or costs incurred prior to the onset of the force majeure event. This may result in any deposits or monies paid being unrecoverable. At this time deferral remains the best outcome to ensure monies paid are retained for future use.
For any enquiries or uncertainties, please contact our booking office: firstname.lastname@example.org